CODAME ART by CODE & FASHION+MUSIC
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 2:00 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Wearable technology is thought to be the next big revolution in tech. Many expect this new wave of wearable devices and apparel to reshape not only the consumer electronics industry, but also fashion and manufacturing. CODAME has created a platform to showcase how the tech and fashion industries are collaborating to innovate within this arena.
CODAME FASHION+MUSIC presents a night where fashion tech designers, entrepreneurial fashionistas, musicians, and visual artists come together in one space. Together, they’ll explore the future of tech-inspired apparel - where form and function meet visionary genius. These pioneers in the fashion technology space will provide insights into their creative design processes, cover challenges on prototyping and manufacturing, and conduct live demonstrations of their groundbreaking pieces of technology enabled apparel. Infusions of music and visual artistry will complement this interactive environment of dialogue and presentations.
- Cozy talks from artists and industry insiders to share their knowledge and inspire us.
- Live Performances
- Music/Visual Showcase
Full Program Coming soon… Stay tuned!
- Linda Franco, Co-Founder & CMO @ MACHINA Wearable Technology, sharing her current project Midi Controller Jacket v1.0.
- Anouk Wipprecht, Interactive Fashiontech Designer & Innovator, unveiling prototype of her new fashiontech design.
- Tiffany Trenda, American digital performance artist, will submerge you into the world of creative expression with her new piece Proximity Cinéma.
- Anders Nelson, Becca McCharen & Dustin Mayberry will take us into the world of wearable LED display development premiere shown at CODAME.
Music & Visuals
- Keisuke Shingu aka VJ KSKA
- CSTNG-SHDWS #videoart #gaffta #idn #createdigitalmotion #motionserved #motionographer
- STARPAUSE #8bitpeoples #hexawe #naughtBothered #mp3death #creativecommons #8bitsf
- Sebastian Deux #cdj #secretfeature #superduex #partyanimal
- HUMAΩIM∆L pre- post-apocalyptic maximalist tech-step
“Art by Code” Gallery Opening
6-9pm at the Roll up Gallery (as part of Public Works)
A triumph of human ingenuity and a tribute to artists who dare to imagine, invent, and test the limits.
“Art by Code” is about computer code, art & language, digital art, and conceptual art and artists who are pioneering powerful ways in bridging art and technology.
Artists use code as their primary artistic tool. Their creations represent dynamic systems incorporating algorithmic rules, simulation of physical properties, and complex systems theory that are generated by a variety of unique and complex written codes.
Time & Date: 11am-2pm, Saturday, June 29th, 2013 Venue: (Chartio) in San Francisco, CA - Drinks/Food included!
More information here.
Some examples of tech-meets-fashion speakers at the event:
DareDroid 2.0 cocktailmaking robot dress by fashiontech designer Anouk Wipprecht in collaboration with Jane Tingley and Marius Kintel
Dress by Tiffany Trenda
When & Where
Non-profit events bringing together artists, coders, game developers, creators, performers and musicians to experience the intersection of Art and Technology.
CODAME exists to inspire, incubate and support artists, technologists and designers that push the boundaries of hardware, software, and physical/digital mediums. CODAME is accelerating the way we interpret and express our rapidly changing world.
▓ SUPPORT ▓
We promise lots of ART+TECH love back!
▓ TEAM ▓
A group of SF locals with a thing for Art, Technology and Games!
- Commodore (in-Chief): Bruno Fonzi @BrunoFonzi
- Amiga (Music Maestro): Jordan Gray @Starpause
- Atari (Artist Canvas): Vicente Montelongo @Mexist
- Acorn Atom (Master Console): Allen Ellison @Photonburst
- Cray1 (TechArt Ninja): Kevin Koechley @KKoechley
- Indigo (Art Scientist) Stefano Corazza @stefano001
- Spectrum (Ultimate Disco Drinks): Irene Grossrubatscher
- Saturn (Game Master): Peach Pellen
- Strela (Social Cyberfly): Olia Pospelova
- 56k (Art Procurator): Drew Clark @drawdrew
- Quadra840AV (Synesthesian) Keisuke Shingu @VJKSKA
- … and more than 100 amazing artists and volunteers…
▓ HISTORY ▓
Inspired by the amazing people @BrunoFonzi met after attending Creative Flash Interactive Conferences around the world. Bruno decided to celebrate Art, Technology and Gaming back home in San Francisco. CODAME was born in 2010 on a rooftop in downtown San Francisco together with Coder/Musician/Artist Jordan Gray (aka @Starpause).
After 4 years and more than 30 events, 2013 marks CODAME’s most ambitious year to date. Expanding beyond its stronghold in San Francisco, the community is growing to a national level to encompass gaming, design, big data visualization, hackers, music, large-scale installations, fashion and 3D printing as well as internationally-recognized fine artists.